Certifications & Awards
- LEED Canada for Commercial Interiors (registered)
- LEED-CI Gold pending
- Client (tenant): HiVE Vancouver Society
- Architect: Michel Labrie Architect
- Architect: Ron Kato Architect
- Mechanical Engineer: Perez Engineering
- Electrical Engineer: Applied Engineering Solutions
- Commissioning Authority: CES Engineering
- LEED Consultant: Emerging Green Builders - Metro Vancouver
- General Contractor: TSG Construction
Green Building AudioTargeting LEED Green Education Credit?
Our audio tours qualify.
Get one today!
- Interview with Jeremy Murphy (co-founder)
The HiVE is a 9,000-square-foot collaborative coworking and event space focusing on sustainability and creativity, located in Vancouver’s historic Gastown area. The space occupies the 2nd floor of two interconnected heritage buildings and was retrofitted to provide a comfortable and healthy open-concept work environment featuring brick walls, high ceilings and large windows.
More info: www.hivevancouver.com
Key sustainability features:
- Highly integrated design process, initiated through public visioning sessions
- Energy savings through maximized daylighting from both North and South ends, lightly colored walls and compact fluorescent lighting
- Optimized ventilation system
- Reuse of local salvaged wood
- 100% furniture reuse
- Located in Vancouver’s high-density downtown core, close to major transit lines and bike routes including skytrain, seabus, and local and regional bus lines
- Secured bike racks provided inside the office
- Minimum disturbance through the retrofit of an existing site